How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71140
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, i was involved in a driving accident at the age of 19 (5

This answer was rated:

Hi, i was involved in a driving accident at the age of 19 (5 years ago). at this time i was uninsured. my "best" friend suffered from some injuries and his dad forced upon him to take further action. the police was given my correct name with my full driving licence. I have now noticed that my name on the summons is spelt incorrectly. My name isXXXXX on the summons it states Bhupinder Dhaunchik (Dhaunchic -with a C on the end- is my mothers/ insurance holders surname). according my a friend who i have lost contact with, the allegations should be dropped as my name on the summons (in capital letters) is wrong. my friend was part of the freeman act "the lawful rebellion", i have little knowledge of this and have failed to find anything online. can i use this to technicality or is it all false and pointless. please help.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Can you deny the offence please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



hi, i dont think so.


What are you summonsed for please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my friend is claiming for his injury. from what i understand the judge is trying to determine liability and claim costs.


Are you before the civil courts rather than the criminal please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, in the criminal court i was charged for driving without insurance and due care and attention. i was only charged for the insurance aspect.


I see what you are asking.

I'm afraid that you are right when you say this is pointless. Unfortunately there isn't much legal mileage in many of the points of this kind.

There is case law on what makes these things defective and it literally has to be such that you cannot be expected to understand its for you. The best point here that you have is that the surname does seem to be wrong.

However, unfortunately, if you are being sued then all they will do is make an application to amend the claim in the correct name which is likely to be allowed.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you