How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

i have a partnership agreement with someone and they change

Customer Question

i have a partnership agreement with someone and they change their mind. and demanding their money back?

then yesterday i got letter from the county court regarding this money i owed to them.

i cant find the money to pay it all at once but can pay in installment?

what shall i do? see a solicitors?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. At the outset, as there is no dispute that the money is owed, merely the fact that you cannot pay it all back at once, you have several options. The first option is to take out a loan to pay off the money. You then pay back the loan as and when you have the money. The second option is that you engage in delays in the legal process on the basis that you cannot pay all at once, whilst you save so as to obtain the money to pay off your partner. This however, is expensive as you also have to pay a solicitor to fight the legal battle and to engage in delay. The third option, which is one which you can only do if you have no assets which can be attached, is that you defend the proceedings up until judgment but then frustrate the creditor by having no assets, such that they have to then apply for an instalment order to get payment of the judgment. This is only an option if you are poor and have no assets which can be attached to pay a judgment.

Buachaill :

2. These are the options which present themselves. I am surprised at the attitude of your partner as very few people can pay money immediately. Most compromise when they realise how much legal proceedings will cost them.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid