How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i have been stopped the past two nights by police who told

Customer Question

i have been stopped the past two nights by police who told me my car (purchased approx eight months ago) was marked car concerning drugs how do i get this so called mark removed thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

You cannot get the mark removed per se but they will note your new ownership.

All they mean is that at some point or another this car has been noted on police intelligence as connected with drug use.

If its changed hands lawfully then they should update CRIS records to reflect that.

You obviously need to tell the DVLA of the change over. You can also attend the police station and make a report to that effect and they should note the need to make that entry.

How this helps.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the policeman that stopped me the second time said i could get it removed on the internet

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Police intelligence is not on the internet.

In any event, the options above are the only ones available.