How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

I have bought some shares in a start up company, pre IPO, through

Customer Question

I have bought some shares in a start up company, pre IPO, through an Investment company who hold shares in the start up company. The start up since went to IPO and shares price has dropped after one year trading. Not below my buy in price. I have asked the Investment company (2 Directors) to sell my shares. But I am not getting any response. What should my next steps be.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Is this a properly regulated broker I.e. FCA authorised? Are the share supposed to be held in your name or the brokers?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry about delay, just can't see how long I have to subscribe to Just Answer?


This is not a broker. It is a company, X Investment Ltd, registered at companies house.


I have a share certificate, I signed agreements, an NDA at the outset.



Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
If you have a share certificate and the shares have been listed you should be able to sell through any broker.

However getting you to invest in share is normally a regulated activity for which the investment company ought to be regulated.

what is the name of the company that has been subject of an IPOD and on which exchange?