How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I want a solicitor to help me make a complaint about a local

Customer Question

I want a solicitor to help me make a complaint about a local councilor. I believe the councilor is abusing her power to victimize myself and my business. I want to take this person to court to prove she has endangered the people who work for me and children i care for with her lies and negligence
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I run my childcare business from a local community centre. Two years ago a local councilor became involved with the running of the centre(the building is owned by the council, but managed by a charitable association.She seems to have completely taken over even though her daughter runs a business from the centre as well. We are waiting for her to produce an inspection report to say the ceiling above our room is safe when her daughters dance business is in progress, the ceiling bounces and the walls bow at times when they are dancing. She has not produced the report, and has now changed her story, all documented in emails. As you can appreciate this is just the tip of the iceberg, she has been involved in many different ways to make my life uncomfortable, but proving it is a different matter

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

What do you want to achieve?

Have you raised a formal complaint?

How much do you want to spend/risk on legal fees?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi I would like it if she was no longer a ward Councillor, I have not yet made a formal complaint about this Councillor with a fear of not being successful, council jargon is difficult to understand. Where I might think she has broken any rules, its difficult to understand if she has in their terms. She has not declared any conflict of interest on her website. I think if she has not organised an appropriate testing for the room above our nursery, its just neglect and endangerment. Risking money on legal see's depends on your advice, opinion as to the success rate

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

I am going to opt out of this for another expert to consider.
Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it
up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.