How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I need a Lawyer (No Fee No Win or legal aid) to represent me

Customer Question

I need a Lawyer (No Fee No Win or legal aid) to represent me in either agreeing a Compromise Agreement with my employer after the 8th of July or to defend me at the tribunal. My line manager was found guilty of committing acts of bullying, harassment, intimidation and undermining me which led to my stress. I have been off work for a few months and taken my employer to the tribunal for their negligence.

I am in a dire situation financially and basically on the edge health wise and mentally. I was put on sickness pay deliberately (when I should not have been and a concession could have made due to their negligence) in order to frustrate me. My employer has made a Compromise offer which I feel is inadequate and want me to waive my rights to personal injury against all Respondents including the line manager who violated me in an appalling manner but no longer works for the organisation (she went off sick a day after I called in sick and subsequently resigned).

My employer has squeezed the life out of me and imposed unreasonable deadlines on me to accept their Compromise Offer by Monday, 8th July. My mobile number is XXXXX
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, does the compromise agreement contain a legal costs clause?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it does but not much.


The main issue for me right now is the £xxx being offered by my employer for their vicarious liability and cover ups is inadequate given the conditions attached. I cannot afford to fight a lengthy battle, I know I have a case - but my health is a concern, I am on the edge been very emotional for months and suffer from insomnia and acute depression.


I also live in Uxbridge area close to Heathrow.

Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
how much do they offer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They have offered £29k including sick pay, accrued annual leave, waiver of right to sue respondents. I was on £54k p.a. and was a good employee, well liked and a high performer. I did nothing to warrant the deplorable acts committed towards me. I am also receiving Counselling locally and my employer has not paid nor re-imbursed me to date. I had to request for accrued annual leave pay in order to keep a roof over my head and put food on the table for my children. I am a single parent.

Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
How much have they offered to pay a lawyer for a consultation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The fee is standard £250 contribution for Compromise Agreement but there might be room for negotiation up. I will check the CA and re-confirm by email (??) later.



Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Hi unfortunately this website cannot provide a lawyer who can assist with a compromise agreement, however you should have no difficulty finding a high street firm to help you. You said that you wanted the sollicitor to be legal aid or no win no fee, this is an unrealistic expectation as you would not qualify for legal aid and this is not a no win no fee scenario.

If you have household insurance cover you should check the policy terms as many include legal expenses insurance.

I would suggest you make an initial appointment on the basis that the firm will pay £250, this may well be adequate for a firm to advise you in the first instance.

Good luck.

Please remember to give my answer a positive rating. Thank you and all the best.