How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I married in 1989 moved into my husbands parents old farm house

Customer Question

I married in 1989 moved into my husbands parents old farm house over the years we have renovated it to a high standard we have never been asked too or have paid rent. In May 2010 my husband and I were declared bankrupt in October 2010 my father in law died leaving my husbands esate to the reciever in March 2011 my husband decides to move out and start a new life and last week I was told by his sister that they were going to sell the property and I have to move out .... do I have any rights
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
On what basis were you living in the property - what was the agreement? What is the extent of the estate?