How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

Hello, We are a property company in Norwich. We currently

Customer Question

We are a property company in Norwich.
We currently have a terrace property we are renovating with a shared passage way running in between the 2 terrace properties in which we have a legal right of way.
We have installed an extractor vent to a cloakroom and kitchen extractor into the house. And the covers for the extractors vent into the shared 'open' passage way.
Building control were fine with this, however the neighbours have (in my oppinion prematurely) instructed a solicitor to write and state they plan to take action for nuisance and trespass and we did not have their permission to vent into the open passage way.
I suppose I would like to know whether such a complaint has any legs. The extractors do not create any obstruction of neuisance. And equally, by moving them 3 feet that will not change anything.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Who owns the shared passageway please - you or the neighbour or is it half owned by each of you?