How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my son has been arrested for 58 milimetes in 100 . is there

Customer Question

my son has been arrested for 58 milimetes in 100 . is there any way to avoid aban? or get it reduced?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Is this a first offence
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes . he has never been in any trouble before he is 30 yrs old

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't seem to have received your answer

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
No, I'm sorry it didn't come out. I don't know why that happened. I do apologise.

Unfortunately though, a ban is mandatory for drink driving. That is set down by act of parliament so courts have no discretion.

If this is a reading of 58 though then he is only facing a ban of 12 months.

What you can do to reduce it is ask the court to offer the drink driving course. That will reduce the banned period by one quarter so if he only gets 12 months it would be reduced to 9.

I am sorry but thats your position. For what its worth, I think drink driving is over sentenced too.

Can I clarify anything for you?