How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A friend of mine has been trying to get an erroneous entry

Customer Question

A friend of mine has been trying to get an erroneous entry removed from his CRB record. A passenger of his brought some cocaine into his minicab entirely without his knowledge, and this person's conviction then turned up on my friend's CRB form. He has been trying to get this removed but Kent police say fingerprint evidence confirms the record. They clearly have a serious data entry error but are shunting him from department to department and this is now jeopardising the renewal of his PCO licence. He needs urgent legal advice. Where could he look?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Has he ever been arrested? Would his view change if he knew that prints and DNA is taken from everybody who passes through the door of a police station under arrest now and prints are generally thought to be unique.