How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Can anyone assist me please. Is it possible to reclaim compensation

Customer Question

Can anyone assist me please. Is it possible to reclaim compensation paid into the High Court following a Borough Council's compulsory purchase of a property which have been paid back to the borough council due to the elapse of many years where the funds had been unclaimed. If after deciphering my query your answer is yes can you please tell me how to go about it.

Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

many years? What is your interest in this? Can we have the background detail,
please? Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for responding I am speaking on behalf of the first mortgagees who had a registered legal charge against the property. The CPO took place about 19 years ago and the council reclaimed the compensation from the High Court a few years ago.

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

What has the mortgagee/lender to do with it?

Why didn't the person being compensated claim it?

I need the full background please. Thanks