How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12087
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am a director of a company on a 50/50 basis and I think my

Customer Question

I am a director of a company on a 50/50 basis and I think my business partner is stealing from me she has borrowed a large amount of money from the account which she has promised to pay back in September but none of the tenants deposit have been registered because of it. The accountant is her friend and he keeps asking me for figures I can't give him. What can I do
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Can the money be replaced quicker than that. You know there are sanctions for failure to register deposits. If the money can't be replaced, you are looking at a potential insolvency situation and you would require to have a liquidator appointed.

So one of you either replaces the money or you are in a very serious situation indeed and there is no easy answer short of insolvency.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.