How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

can i have a court judgement against me if the claiment has

Customer Question

can i have a court judgement against me if the claiment has my name details incorect?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this

How bad is the name error?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

  • FOR JOMO1972

  • My name is spelt with 2 L's and they have addressed me as Neil Baynton on the form only using 1'L'.

During the 1yr that I was invoiced by them the invoices were addressed to Baynton Graphics they overcharged and at times the goods were of poor or faulty quality. They continually sent me interest charges and added VAT on top of this, when money was paid they did not deduct it from the amount they claimed was owed. Before and after me parting company with them I discovered that they had accessed my client files on my laptop and then contatced all of my clients to tell them that I was no longer in business and that they were now taking on all of my accounts. This is completely untrue and has caused upset with my clients who I have been in business with for over 28 yrs.


Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
I am really sorry but its bad news.

That is just a spelling mistake which would make no difference to the enforceability of the claim. Even if it were greater than that though, they can just apply to amend things like that and permission would not be refused. I can understand your wish to investigate everything but that particular point has no mileage.

The better point is that you didn't get the papers. If you have a valid defence then the court probably would set aside judgment on that basis.

Obviously I don't know the nature of this particular dispute but if you say you don't owe the money then it would be worth trying to get this set aside to see whether they sue again. If they do just defend it on facts as you seem to be saying that you are not liable.

Can I clarify anything for you?