How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My neighbour has worn me down with complaints about my 8 small

Customer Question

My neighbour has worn me down with complaints about my 8 small plastic flower filled plant pots hampering his right of way across our driveway even though the pots are standing on my lawn delineating the driveway edge and not on the driveway at all. Surely my land is my land but he is now threatening me with an injunction if I don't move them. Rather than to go into another court case with him(when we moved the driveway back to its original course & in fact the judge advised that although he has right of way access 24/7 as it is our driveway we should be allowed to use it as thus as long as we do not leave obstructions(ie a car) and go out for the day.He is also threatening us because we do leave a car there if we are at home as it easier for us to get my disabled mother in and out of the car near to our house.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Really what I would like to know is - is my land-my land. If I am not obstructing right of way with plant pots how can he threaten me with an injunction.If he does what do we do? and to be taken to court -that will cost money which we do not what options do we have?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.