How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am living in my mothers house where I have been for six

Customer Question

I am living in my mother's house where I have been for six years I also have my 14year old daughter living with me I was my mother's carer she passed away recently my siblings send I were left the property but they want to sell and move me out do I have any rights
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Did you pay rent?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I played my mother 70pounds a week

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

I am going to opt out of this for another expert to consider.
Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it
up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.

Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

May I assist you with the above.

May I clairfy with you please:
  1. did your mother leave a will?
  2. If so are you entitled to a share of the property?
  3. If so what amount is your entitlement?
  4. Is there any provision that you may live in the property for a certain period of time or did you mother ever tell you you could after she passed away?