How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

we ( TW London ltd) are inviting someone from USA to come

Customer Question

we ( TW London ltd) are inviting someone from USA to come to London and run 3 workshops for professionals. What do we need to do in terms of visa ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

If the person in question is arriving to the UK to run workshops etc then the most suitable visa for the person would be a business visitors visa. The permitted activities for the person can be found using the following link:

The forms required to apply for such a visa can be found on the right hand side of the following link:

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi there,

I knew the above answer. my concern is that it says on the website that the person cannot be pay by a uk company. So what do we do?


Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Could you confirm under which segment of a business visitors visa meets the activity he will be undertaking in the UK?

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Kindly address my question so I can assist you further.

Kind regards
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,