How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Can a Charging Order obtained in the County court in the Uk

Customer Question

Can a Charging Order obtained in the County court in the Uk be registered and / or enforced against a property in Spain?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

No this is not possible. You will need to reregister the judgement in Spain.

Max Lowry :

However, with the act of reregistering judgement should be a matter of formality.

Max Lowry :

You will need to get a Spanish lawyer to register the English judgment in Spain for you and take enforcement action against the property in Spain.

Max Lowry :

I hope this answers your question. If you need further information, either now or later, just let me know and I'll gladly help out.

Please do remember to rate my answer as highly as you can for me. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-zvps6cyx- :

I am the Respondent in this matter. The CSA are in the process of obtaining a Charging Order. I own property in Spain. I am concerned that a Charge will be registered against the property in Spain. Is this a relatively straightforward process for them to register the English judgement?

Max Lowry :

It should be easy for them to do - yes. It's the same now in all European countries, the idea being to make enforcement in EU easier.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated. If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,