How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I live in a quiet residential housing estate. The rear of my

Customer Question

I live in a quiet residential housing estate. The rear of my property backs on to an area of land which is landscaped looked after by the local council it is used as a short cut by residents of the next street. It is fast becoming a general play area for local children. The noise is becoming unbearable, footballs against fences, shouting and music.What are my rights to ask them not to use the area as a playground?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you. Have you yet complained to the Council please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I contacted local council did not receive a reply.
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.
You first need to make a formal complaint in writing to the Council. This will then invoke the corporate complaints procedure within the local authority. Once you have done that the council will write to you and give you am outcome. You can only ask them not to kick balls against your fence not other fences, this is because the other fences do not belong to you. But if the noise is become a problem the council can seek to introduce an anti social behaviour order against the group. Depending on the terms of the order it could order people not to loiter or commit anti social behaviour. What you can not do sadly is stop it being used as a right of way, but this means people can pass and repass. The council could consider stopping up the access but this would be subject to consultation. This is a possibility and they could put a gate accross and stop the access being used, but again you would need to speak to the legal team and raise this as a complaint. These are the steps you can change but it all starts With a formal complaint to the council.

I hope this resolves your question and if so could I invite you to take a moment to rate my service as it is an important part of the process. If you need more help or information then please click rely. Alex

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,