How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I bought a car 2 years ago from Skoda on finance through VW

Customer Question

I bought a car 2 years ago from Skoda on finance through VW Finance, that car went drastically wrong, and was returned to skoda, they replaced the car. I'm now 12 months down the line and I've gone to part exchange that car, only to be told there no finance on the car I'm driving, through some investigation I've found out that the finance I'm paying is still attached to the first car, the garage have since sold that car.
The finance company have admitted its their mistake and now want to send out new finance documents for me to sign for the car I currently have? I would like to know am I legally obliged to sign those forms as I surely own the vehicle I have at the moment. And can finance something that's already in my name?
I am extremely confused and stressed b the whole situation, because I can't sell my current vehicle till this is sorted.
I just need some legal clarification of where I stand if I do or don't sign these papers
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

Law Denning :

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. Are you the owner of the car?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,