How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Can you help me with some information on Article 3 on a divorce

Customer Question

Can you help me with some information on Article 3 on a divorce petition please?

A friend married in Scotland but is now living in England. His wife is still in Scotland. He want's a divorce and has 2 years separation.

What does he tick/fill in for this Article 3?? Does the divorce come under this jurisdiction??

Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
I can do no better than send you the link to the explanatory notes from HMCS which answers all the questions.

If they are married then (confusingly) it is the council regulation that applies. Why they dont make the form more user friendly, I will never know.
Can I help further?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Just to check - is he certain that his ex will agree to the divorce - has he had that confirmed in writing
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,