How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i would like to divorce my husband of 40 yrs.he gives me £370

Customer Question

i would like to divorce my husband of 40 yrs.he gives me £370 amonth which is deducted from my pension and covers the household bills gas phone etc.the house is in joint names and im living here he is elsewhere.he has pension from work no idea how much although he manages acruise once year.would i be better off divorcing him as it is getting more difficult to contact him to consult over house repairs and renovation ;he covers these bills as well
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

How long have you been separated?
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

I need a lot more
information please.

How much is the
house worth?

What mortgages

What do you both

What pension do you
both have?

Do you have any
dependent children?

Does he pay the
money he pays you as a result of any court order?

Is the house in
joint names?

We need as much
background detail as possible please. Thank you