How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Hello, my employer wants to question me under caution an allegation

Customer Question

Hello, my employer wants to question me under caution an allegation of sexual assault and at the same time run this as a misconduct under HR. I have been told it won't be at a police station but they can arrange for the duty solicitor to be present for my support. I have not been suspended but moved to another department. I am not a member of a union and am shocked and very stressed. I am a civilian in the police. Please can you advise the best way to deal with this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. There appears to be an overlap with criminal and employment issues here and you won't be able to get a solicitor to advise on both as they are separate areas of law. I can help with the employment aspect but for the criminal you would have to ask another expert if that is ok?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,