How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

If maintenance is being paid monthly, by verbal agreement can

Customer Question

If maintenance is being paid monthly, by verbal agreement can i be made to stop paying because my ex-partner wants to take me to court. She as denied me access to my own child, my new partner was witness to the whole conversion. She got her mum to use threating behaviour towards myself n my new partner, if she had her way i would not have access at all. My ex- partner is threating to take me to a contact centre, when i have my child for 3hrs mon,wed,fri due to myself working nights, but lately each week she wont allow me to see her on these days.... She has threaten me with the solictors. All i want to ask if she as a case to take these sort of actions?. She is a social support worker and she should not be putting my child threw this, I would like access to my child. Can i open an account to pay the maintenance in monthly?.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Were you married?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
If you stop paying the maintenance then your ex will apply to the CSA for an assessment - only you can tell if this is something you wish to provoke.
So far as the contact is concerned if your have been having contact through the week until now it is likely that a court will continue this
You should offer to discuss matters using Family Mediation ( but if that fails you can apply to the court for a defined contact order
I hope that this is of assistance
Please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,