How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My brother managed to take a solicitor(whol incidentally was

Customer Question

My brother managed to take a solicitor(who incidentally was a cousin) into a hospital ward and had my father sign documents when he had been ill and recovering. It would appear he signed property over unknowingley which he has actually left to me in his will. How can we resolve this problem as my father does not wish his cottages to go to my brother as he already owns my fathers house and the cottages were for me. I actually have the deeds to these cottages in my possession but am worried if my brother has the document whatever that may be,  signed by my father albeit fraudently as my father does not want him to have them, ,Can my brother still claim these cottages. My brother would not be able to be approached or asked by and would not tell the truth anyway

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law
Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been
an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you
appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a
variety of subjects.

we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes,
particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case.

bear with me if I ask for some more information from you. I may need some more
details in order for me to be able to answer you further.

your father now recovered? Does he have full mental capacity? How long ago did
he sign this paper? Have you taken issue or has your father taken issue with
the solicitor or your brother over this?

would your brother not be able to be approached?

you suggesting that the solicitor has acted illegally?

your father ever use this solicitor before for anything?

your father asked for the file?