How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We purchased and paid in full for a fitted kitchen from a sole

Customer Question

We purchased and paid in full for a fitted kitchen from a sole trading Ltd company, in December 2012. This sole trader, then died in March of this year. Yesterday we received a letter from the supplier of our granite work top declaring that they only received 50% of their monies from the kitchen company; and that they had a right to remove our worktop until the balance is paid to them. The family of the deceased kitchen firm owner said they have no money and the company has been dissolved as it worthless. Please can you tell me if we are liable to pay this balance. ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Have you had any contact with the supplier other than this?