How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife has cheated on me three times . She has promised never

Customer Question

My wife has cheated on me three times . She has promised never to do this again and is willing to lose her 50% share in the matrimonial home if she ever did this again and pass sole ownership to me. Can a legal agreement be formatted to enforce this commitment on the basis of 100% proof being provided of any further unfaithful actions on her part
The reason for this request is that only actions can save our marriage now , not words - hence the request
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you.
The only document that you could have prepared is a post nuptial agreement - and frankly given the issue it is far from certain that this would be accepted as binding in the event of a divorce
However it is the only option
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire - Are you saying there is NO solution or option to format such an agreement .If she did this again it would not atomically lead to divorce


Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
As I said you can have a Post Nuptial Agreement drawn up and signed.
However if your wife then issued divorce proceedings there is no guarantee that it would hold