How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My son owns a house in UK, and has gone to Australia, when

Customer Question

My son owns a house in UK, and has gone to Australia, when he left he was renting a room to a friend who subsequently went to Canada, leaving a friend of his in the house. This person has not paid any rent for some time now. I need to get these people out of the house so I can get it improved and into the hands of an agent. Given that there is no legal basis for the people in the house how do I go about getting them out?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know is it just a room the friend is renting and is there any written agreement?