How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

my council tenant told me she couldnot pay full rent 645 only

Customer Question

my council tenant told me she couldnot pay full rent 645 only 510 cos her oldest daughter moved out and she couldnot pay any more of the bills (she is on disability allowance and her benefits are not affected)her other daughter is working but has blatantly told me she was not going to contribute to their payments either. they were friends of mine and have 3 large dogs i offered her my property to rent cheaper than where they were and ignorantly due to my first time did not get a deposit. they have been in for 2.5 years and have always paid immediately with no issues until now. they do not have a current tenancy agreement i didnot bother to renew one over the last year. her parents are guarantors but again the has no current contract. my issue is she has not made up the shortfall in the rent now for 3 months and all the water, gas and electric is in my name (again ignorance) and i have paid them immediately cos i dont want hassle and problems from them she has always prior given me cash to cover the bills never a problem before. as they are all in my name and i cant afford or want to keep paying them can i cut of the electric etc or can the guarntors be forced to pay somehow even though no current agreement. i have issued a eviction notice last week but she told me that she will only leave by bailliffs i know this could takemany months please help
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know how many months they are behind with the rent