How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Me & my husband gave a house to daughter last year now she

Customer Question

Me & my husband gave a house to daughter last year now she & husband are splitting up what can he do she has 2 children she still hasn't sighted the switch at solicitors yet .
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I will need some further information first
Is the property in her sole name?
Did you protect the gift in any way?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it's in her sole name we didn't protect it in any way
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You did that by putting it in her sole name!
How old are the children and who will have their day to day care?
How much is the house worth, what other assets do they have and how much do they each earn?