How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

can my husband cite me as a joint complaintant in a letter

Customer Question

can my husband cite me as a joint complaintant in a letter to our son-in-law without my verbal consent? and as it has wrecked my relationship with my daughter and granddaughter what can I do to attempt a reconciliation.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.
Please bear with me today because I will be online and off-line.
Have you told your daughter and granddaughter and son-in-law that he has done this without your consent? Has the letter gone yet or not? Can we have the full background please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That's what I want an honest answer. I did tell my daughter, she asked me to contact the soliciter, to get my name taken off then she would be more likely to resume a relationship with me. Grandaughter is just a baby.

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Can we have the full background please?
I do need it. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you want me to quote you verbatim the solicitors letter ( which by the way has the wrong year at top of letter) or do you want me to start from the top of everything?


Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
I don’t need everything verbatim, but I do need to know the substance of the complaint/ background
What solicitors have to do with this.
Why taking your name off it will “muddy the water”

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I spoke to the solicitor who sent the letter. He didn't really answer my question, but I have just accepted the situation. Other than going to a solicitor myself, I cant see the situation getting any better.


I don't wish to pursue this through this media. Thanks for your time.

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
I will close the thread.