How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Hello A friend of a student of mine needs to get advice on

Customer Question

A friend of a student of mine needs to get advice on his friend who is in the country illegally and needs to know how he can get advice and any assistance now.

I hope you could advise him and let him have any contact no.s of solicitors who may be able to help him in any form now.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sally Edwards-Durrani
Carer Rep. T.A.S.H.A.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Could you confirm how long he has been resident in the UK?
Does he have any family or friends in the UK?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The gentleman 's name is ALI DAD RAKI date of birth XXXX XXXX...his I.D. No. is XXX XXXXX . He is residing temporarily at Flat No.1...XXX XXXX XXXXX XXXXX. He lives in Cardif and would like to get assistance to settle in Hounslow where he has close family friends. He needs to be near family and friends who will be able to care for him since he recently suffered a heart attack which needed doctors intervention to allow his heart to operate properly. Now he requires the help of an Immigration lawyer to see how he can obtain help as soon as possible. What assistance can he get from the nearest Immigration office in Hounslow and who in particular should he speak to. Thank you.



Optional Information:
Province/Country relating to question : Hounslow Middlesex

Already Tried:
Your office only.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mr Raki arrived here in March 2009 from France and he has family and friends here in the time of his arrival he had no idea where they were.

Since his heart attack he was fortunate to find them through the grapevine and thus requires help from us as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

In this case I believe he may be able to submit an application for further leave to remain on a discretionary basis. If he can show he has strong ties to the UK and will be unable to look after himself if he was returned home then he would have a good chance of obtaining permission to remain in the UK. He would need to provide evidence of his medical condition and his friends and family will need to write statements of support for him.

He may wish to either contact a law firm the biggest one in that area will be in Harrow:

They deal with such cases. If not then you may contact the closest Citizens Advice Bureau for free in Hounslow:

These would be his best options if he wishes to remain in the UK. He should contact the above firms for assistance . If you would like further clarification please do not hesitate to ask.

This advice is only relevant if he is an non UK and a NON European national.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Kind regards
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,