How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my daughter is been accused of wasting police time in neighbour

Customer Question

my daughter is been accused of wasting police time in neighbour dispute
voluntarily attended police station to a meeting- to view video footage and was arrested and some hours later charged- video footage is not what she reported to police
they first issued fixed penalty notice which she tried to pay within 3 days- believe they had already issued summons
complaint sent to police Chf Super re handling by officers concerned
meeting held with Insp who was going to investigate what had happened- he tele. 2 days later and asked if my daughter would accept a caution- she was so distraught she said yes -they spoke to solicitor who had been at police station- it went to magistrates court for hearing last week and there is to be a 2-day trial- there have been 3 different people involved from solicitors-what can we do- she has legal aid
she lost her job and suffers from severe depression.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for JOMO1972

is this an abuse of process by police

what can my daughter do to get a fair hearing as CPS are taking it to trial

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


cannot afford any more not had any response to my questions

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Is what abuse of process ?

The failure to agree to a caution?