How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hello i have a previous ltd company in 2003 which i closed.

This answer was rated:


i have a previous ltd company in 2003 which i closed. the companies house records has my home address as the directors address.

i now have another another company and a a registered postal office address, but have had a tenant write to my home address after finding me on the companies house records. Luckily it was a nice tenant who had just lost my contact details !

is it possible to get the records amended at companies house so that my home address no longer shows ? i can substitute an address so that it has an address if needed - just not my home address.


AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Yes. You just need to notify Companies House of your new address. You need to complete form
AlexWatts2013 : Send it to Companies House and they will do the change for you.
AlexWatts2013 : I trust this fully resolves your question and if so could I invite you to take a moment to rate my service, as your feedback is important to me. If you need further information or help then please click rely. Alex

hello there, thanks for answering, does this apply to a company that is no longer trading ?

AlexWatts2013 : Yes you can ask Co House to change their registered office details.

great thanks - thats brilliant t

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you