How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need to raise finance from a licensed trade charity how can

Customer Question

I need to raise finance from a licensed trade charity how can I get a copy of my 1st pub license
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Can we have the full background please? Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

in 1971 I held an on license in Cardiff I need a copy of the license to prove I was in the licensed trade

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
You will not be able to get a licence from 1971. Those records will simply not exist.
Why can you not simply apply with things as they are now?
we do need the full background details please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I left the licence trade in 1991 but have held liquer licence since 1971 moving to different areas Cardiff central london southeast london

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
I still dont know why you need the 1971 licence if you have had one since 1991
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been out of the trade since 1991and have no records of ever holdin the license

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How can I prove I was in the trade most of the companies no longer exist

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Dont you have the you have the licences from later periods?
Why dont you simply make a new application?
Everyone has to start somewhere.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,