How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been convicted by crown court for one year prisonment

Customer Question

I have been convicted by crown court for one year prisonment suspended for 2 years because I had use an unloaded air gun to stop another attack at my house. I already filed a complain to the police the night before when they took me to hospital the night before. that complain did not come to life, because the attacker who is my step sun lied with my wife to the police that I had attacked them first. they filed 5 cases against me and in the process of the case the crown court jury dropt out 4 cases and left only the case of the gun. the whole case has been under investigation by the police since June 2012. because I have dual nationality. I Iraqi and British national. the whole case has been built on lie to protect my attacker who has been already convicted many times and sent to jail for years because of theft and attacking people and lying to the police, he already had 60 cases with the police on his record. I had been treated badly taken in mind I am a disable and severely ill person and medically retired from university as a university lecturer with Ph.D in maths and statistics and never been in trouble with the police for the whole period of 27 years I have been in the uk. can you assist me please
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Can we have the full background details please? Do you think is actions have been racially motivated?
What are you trying to achieve?
Please bear with me today because I will be online and off-line.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, at first attack the police asked me what nationality are originally, because they had noticed I had an accent. and my family in-law are raises against foreigner.

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
I appreciate that you have been a victim in this but the fact remains that by using the gun, you committed an admit that.
Whilst you are able to use reasonable force in protecting your property, doing what you did is not classed as reasonable force and indeed, is an offence in itself.
What are you looking to happen
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My health is severely bad, I am on morphine 24 hours a day. I had been attacked the night before for a stupid raw with my wife. her scum son cam to my house and attacked me after I went to bed. I am severely physically un paired and I had operations on my back and heart. the day after he tried to open the door from the letter box. I have been still under the pervious night attack and in no way I could prevent another one I was so frightened so I run and took my air gun and took the slug of it not to cause injuries but only to prevent another attack

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I have been asked to look at this as I'm a criminal specialist.

I'm not sure what your question is? Are you hoping to appeal? You seem to accept the offence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

using the gun as a result of disability I have which prevented me to defend my self the night before. also seeing him pushing his arm through the letter box I was in fear that he tried to open the door from inside. it has been done before.

any way .

because all the attacks I had from this guy, with a trial took more than 1 and half year. still my case did not appear to court because, the crime prosecutor prevented the case to go to trial because my wife with his girl friend lied to the police to save her son from going to jail because of his criminal record. if that case appeared it would reduce the sentence or I could have a warning in stead as happened in other cases recently. what I do now?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
When were you convicted please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,