How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

given temporary guardian ship of my child to there grandmother

Customer Question

given temporary guardian ship of my child to there grandmother for work reasons
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how to i go about giving temporary guardianship of my child to her grandparent ? this is due to work related reason.

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
I am just away from my computer but will come back to you as soon as possible. There is no need for you to reply.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
How old is the child and is the other parent named on the Birth Certificate.
Could you explain exactly what it is you wish to achieve (is the child simply going to live with Grandma or is it more complicated than that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the child is 7 other parent is named on the Birth certificate though they do not have much involvement with the child. As it is i have been living with my child at my mothers house and due to work commitments will not be in the same place there for want to give guardianship for times i am way due to work

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.