How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Dear Sir/Madame. My wifes 2 year spouse visa is approaching

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madame.

My wife's 2 year spouse visa is approaching its end. However before we can apply for indefinite leave to remain, she needs to apply for an extension to make up the 2 year (24 month) probation period currently she is short by 3 weeks. I was wondering what form we are required to submit.
Aidan Mackay
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

If your wife wishes to extend her leave to remain as a spouse to make up the full two years , the form she would require to fill in would be form FLR M, please see the following link:

In the application for there is reference to the new financial requirement at page 18 section 7A, your wife does not need to fill this in because her spouse visa application was submitted prior to 9th July 2012, she can proceed to section 7B which is at page 27.

I hope this clarifies the matter, I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards