How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 in the UK do

Customer Question

Under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 in the UK do I have a claim for a poor cleaning job and damage done to my property against my Local Council since they organised the clean-up of my home and they were the body I paid?
Not sure if I have explained this well, but who is responsible for any dispute. The company employed by the Council or the Council themselves who took my money?
Thank you an advance
M. Baxter
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Have you complained to the Council yet please?