How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am under the mental health act and am a single parent. Blemain

Customer Question

I am under the mental health act and am a single parent. Blemain finance accepted information from a broker with a lapsed licence,his co.never been regulated, and i found out both him and the joint director have criminal records. sick of going round in circles now,but the law centre have been supportive. Iwas bullied into taking an unsecured loan against my house,it is buy to let,they forced me to sign documents in my home which they took away and posted to the lender. FOS want to look at my case, but my barrister is more worried about money than anything else. the vulnerable adults team at my local council is involved,and are looking at ways to get the debt written off. I was mortgage free as my late mum left me her property,and the criminals ripped me off 50k by extortion. never needed a mortgage in the first place.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 5 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : I see you have a Barrister, what is it you would like to ask please about this?
JACUSTOMER-b09oghkm- :

I would like to ask what is possible to be done about my situation as the lender has been bullying me to sell my house or face repossession. My barrister says the lender said in their t&c they dont accept referrals from non regulated companies,but clearly they did,with criminal records on top of this. can you advise me where you think i stand on this,including my mental health aspect? the lender requested medical evidence from my G.P. who diagnosed recurrent depressive disorder,but the lender who is regulated dismissed this information on the grounds of it being a pre diagnosed condition,and persued normal collections activity. i suffer from severe mental impairment when my illness is bad, and didnt know what i was doing. on top of this i was coersed and lied to into doing something completely wrong for me. How can i get justice?

AlexWatts2013 : You should take civil action and if there has been criminal conduct report it to the police. There is also the FOS as you are doing but you need to allow them to investigate the matter. But you can also report it to the police if you believe there has been criminal conduct.
AlexWatts2013 : At this stage you are taking legal proceedings I assume because you have a barrister. Apart from these proceedings, the FOS and police that is everything you can possibly do. Alex