How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

good evening, could please tell me how do I go about appealing

Customer Question

good evening, could please tell me how do I go about appealing a decision made by the british immigration services in Jamaica on behalf of my niece who apply to visit the uk for the death of her grandmother and was refused entry. thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Has an appeal been lodged in Jamaca? What was the reason for refusal please?
JACUSTOMER-d063etto- :

no an appeal has not been lodged in Jamaica, reason that she never made any deposit in her account in the last month, and that previously she never mention that she did have a grandmother in England, and she have no proof of the relation even though her aunt send letters and bank statement

AlexWatts2013 : You can appeal but of course you will need proof. The UKBA will need to be satisfied that
AlexWatts2013 : 1) You will leave when you say you will
AlexWatts2013 : 2) That you are a genuine visitor
AlexWatts2013 : 3) That you can support yourself while here
AlexWatts2013 : You need to prove everything that you are relying on. Therefore proof of relations in the uk and deposits on bank account to show working and able to support will be needed.
AlexWatts2013 : There will be a right of appeal that can be exercised.
AlexWatts2013 : Can I clarify anything?