How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

can you help me obtain a non molestation order against an ex

Customer Question

can you help me obtain a non molestation order against an ex boyfriend of my daughter ( age 16 )
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Could you explain your situation a little more please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The key facts are:


Daughter ( N) lives with mother . Mother remarried , one sibling , boy ( M) . Stable home environment, no issues there.


I have close contact with children. Good relationships.


N has formed a toxic relationship with a boy much older. She was 15 when it began , he was 19. It is clearly an abusive relationship - emotional abuse. She is currently in a "break up " phase ( one of many ) and is a window to stop him contacting her. His "M.O." is to enveigle her back into the relationship and he is working on that now by caliing her - calls in house frequently result in arguments and sending her into rages with the boy and the rest of the family . This has been going on for a year.

His profile is unemployed; kicked out of his home by his parents; in a half way house; mentally unstable and diagnosed bi polar; self harming ( i have seen the cuts on his arm ) , drug use; violent out break ( i have seen the bandaged had resulting from a fight ) ; lack of boundaries ( he sneaked into my home with the connivance of my daughter ) . I could go on ....

We cannot stop our daughter talking to him but N's other and i want to stop him trying to reach her by house phone , mobile phone or email or social media. Currently all her phones and computers are the property of myself and her mother.

The damage has gone beyond what he is doing to our daughter and affecting her stability but also the impact it has is now having on the family who dread it when she is on the phone or know when she has been in touch with him.

I would like to go ex parte if possible .

Would the above establish grounds and is this something I could do DIY - i am happy to engage a barrister to prepare and submit papers.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the information.

Its clear that this is a family matter which isn't my area. I will opt out.