How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

The Company who installed my Alarm System in January 2010 will

Customer Question

The Company who installed my Alarm System in January 2010 will not attend to correct
the fault unless I pay a Call out fee, yet My Repair & Replacement Service Certificate
state NO CALL OUT FEES. This has now been going on since Monday 12th August and
because I will not send a cheque for the Call Out of ninety pounds, surely they are
reneging on the Agreement.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, my name is Tony and I will help with your question.

tdlawyer :

Do you know whether the alarm company is a member of any trade association?

JACUSTOMER-1uc0gggx- :

Hello Tony, I don't know I can do anything further with the Company who installed it. The Installer is also a Douuble

JACUSTOMER-1uc0gggx- :

Glazing Co. with whom I have given lots of business to over a number of years, and they are the Installers of my Alarm

JACUSTOMER-1uc0gggx- :

but since 12th August I am just banging my head against a brickwall. They will attend when I send them a cheque for

JACUSTOMER-1uc0gggx- :

ninety pounds call out fee. How can this be right when there has been no amendment to the Repair Replacement Service

JACUSTOMER-1uc0gggx- :

In answer to your question Tony, no I do not know if the Company are amember of any trade assoc.

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

Okay. If they are not, then you are going to have to enforce your rights through the courts.


You are right to say that they cannot not honour their agreement and only agree to come out to you once that have actually charged you an additional fee, that they have no right to charge.


Therefore, you would be entitled, if they refuse to come out and honour their agreement, to instruct a third party to come out and do the repairs for you at cost. You would them be entitled to sue the glazing company for your costs. However, the amounts involved here seem fairly low, and I would like to think that an appropriately worded letter would resolve the matter.


If it does not, and you need to go to Court to recover money due to you through getting somebody else to attend, then you can issue proceedings in the small claims court (for claims less then £10k) online at


If you would like me to follow up on this and clarify anything for you, I would be more than happy to do that for you. Just let me know know.