How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

i lived in wales from 1960 to 1979 i am asking if iam entitled

Customer Question

i lived in wales from 1960 to 1979 i am asking if iam entitled to medical assistance from england now that i am a pensioner living in ireland i am receiving a pension from england since iwas 65 in 2000 thankin you XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Anthony Your pension entitlement will be a result of your time working here. You are not entitled to benefits or medical treatment unless you are "habitually resident " here. In order to establish habitual residence , you need as an eu citizen to be working here or to be here as a self sufficient person - which means you have to live here initially without requiring state support. If you had been resident here before retirement it would be different.
Others may be getting benefits because their circumstances are different but you are not legally eligible.