How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Ihave been in business for 0ver thirty years,around 6 years

Customer Question

Ihave been in business for 0ver thirty years,around 6 years ago myself and my wife decided to buy the work property which is a car accident repair work shop, my wife now wants a divorce we borrowed around 70,000 from remortgaging the house and the bank lent us 189,000 she doesent want any part of the business but wants her name taking of the business mortgage, my bank manager has said with the profit having dropped due to the recession he wouldnt think i wouldnt now get a replacement mortgage is there any other legal document she could sign to say even though her name is XXXXX XXXXX mortgage she has no more interest in the business and say for instance the business went bankrupt their wouldn be no repocussions on her behalf and her money was safe
thank you for any advice you can give me
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Is this a ltd co or partnership?