How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask joannem1965 Your Own Question
joannem1965, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 264
Experience:  I am a solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
joannem1965 is online now

Should I inform the DWP.

Customer Question

Should I inform the DWP.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

If you are not entitled to it then I would ask for the benefit to be stopped.

Alex Watts :

If the overpayment was because of an official error, in that you informed them, then it can not be recovered.

Expert:  joannem1965 replied 4 years ago.
The advice above is wrong. You can be made to repay. Can you explain the overpayment?