How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

I agreed to a charge on my residential property to secure a

Customer Question

I agreed to a charge on my residential property to secure a loan from a friend.

There is no CCJ or Court Order.

I have now repaid the loan.

How do I get the charge removed?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hello, my name is Tony and I can answer this for you.

You need to complete Form DS1 and AP1 from the Land Registry and then send them to the Land Registry to process. Form DS1 will need to be signed by your friend to confirm that the charge has been paid off.

Once you lodge them, the charge will be removed.

There is a detailed guide on this process (although it is as simple as this) here (together with a link to the forms required):