How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I stupidly let someone take photos of me in different forms

Customer Question

I stupidly let someone take photos of me in different forms of undress. Is there anyway I can stop him from publicising them or using them in anyway.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Is he threatening to publicise these?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No he hasn't threatened to publicise them but I'm just worried that he will do at one point.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For Jo C

No he hasn't threatened to publicise them but I'm just worried that he will do at one point.
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

My colleague has asked me to take a look at this for you. Is this person a current or ex partner? Were these photo's taken whilst you were in a relationship with them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No he isn't and never hs been my partner. I met him on a dating site and stupidly let him take photos of me.
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

About the only thing you can do
at this stage is ask for the return of the photographs on the basis that you
have signed no release to allow him to use them. You can threaten an application
for an injunction if you hear of any intention that he intends to use them or
publish them and claim for damages for loss of reputation if he does publish them

The letter would be better coming
from a solicitor.

In all honesty he is not under
any duty to return the pictures to you because copyright belongs to him.

However they do contain your
image and you are entitled to stop him using that.

It really depends whether you
want to go to the trouble at this stage of getting a solicitor to write to him
or not.

Does that answer the question?

Can I assist further?

Please do not forget to
positively rate my answer service or the site keep your deposit and I get no
credit for my time.

The thread does remain open for
us to continue this exchange even though the site gives you the impression that
it will close. It does not