How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, My problem is we live a small 2 Bedroom Council Flat (Me

Customer Question

Hi, My problem is we live a small 2 Bedroom Council Flat (Me and my other three children(boy 17,Girl 18 and girl 12)) but my Ex(their Mother) is living in a 4 bedroom Council Flat but she dosen't really live there much because most of the time she stayed up North (Sunderland). Is there any way to Force her to change Flats for the sake of my Children?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Who has custody of the youngest child?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have

Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
Will she agree to this? Have you taken this overcrowding up with the council. How has this happened? Can we have background please? Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

we have been on the a waiting list for overcrowding for atleast 2-3 years now but its a point system and we never have have enough points because other people ie homeless and other medical issues always come first. I dont think she care if her own children are living in this kind of condition.

Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

I am going to opt out of this for
another expert. I don't know whether she is online now what she will be along
shortly and I think that she is far better placed to answer this than I am.

Meanwhile, can you please let us
know the circumstances as to why your ex is living in the mansion and you are
in the rabbit hutch and not the other way round?

Thank you.

Please bear with us if someone doesn't get back
to you within nanoseconds as we are all online and off-line every day