How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi wondered if you could help and advise me. I am a single

Customer Question

Hi wondered if you could help and advise me.
I am a single mom of 3, the eldest two being both from my ex-husband, the youngest is 2yrs old, her father left during the pregnancy to be with someone else. I had his name on the birth certificate for my daughters sake which then gave him parental responsibility, everything I have done has been for the benefit of her, her father has access every other weekend and a mid week visit, he took me through court after the birth as he wanted his access as and when he wanted it around his work and social, I said children need routine and stability and I wanted it to tie into when the eldest two went to see their dad so not to split the 3 sisters up anymore than need be and also that is when I work (I work fulltime). the outcome of court was good hense his access entitlement as above this agreement left him very angry towards me.
my main problem I have now is that when my daughter was born I expressed my feelings and concern over photo images being on the internet ie facebook etc, recently he has got married to the person he was seeing during the pregnancy, as hard as I found it I agreed to my daughter being there, since then I have found out from others that there is images on you tube of my daughter and also the photographer has displayed images on his portfolio on his website for advertising/promoting their work not only has he kept this information from me, he has also overided my wishes as her mom and main gardian. as a father he should be protecting our 2yr old just as im trying to. I have asked him nicely if he could get the images removed as he knew I have concerns of children on internet, he refused point blank. can he override my decisions? is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Is there any reason that you think he shouldn't put lawful images on Facebook? People do that all the time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I know theres prob not much I can do about facebook its more you tube as its international and unrestricted, also the photographers website using my child for advertising

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
My colleague has asked me to look at this for you.
I understand your concerns but I am afraid that the fact that your ex has Parental Responsibility means that he is entitled to give consent to this.
If you feel that there are sufficient details of the media sites to fully identify your daughter then you could consider making an application to the court for a Specific Issue Order for your ex to ensure the removal of the pictures - but you should be sure that you can show they are a specific rather than a general risk first
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Just to check - is there more you wish to know about this?