How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12076
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I may have come through to the wrong section so I apologize:I

Customer Question

I may have come through to the wrong section so I apologize:
I have a financial problem that I can not solve
I work as a qualified nurse at the local hospital,on a part time basis but am heavily reliant on this wage being supplemented by my family tax credit
Three times they have miscalculated my entitlement which has left me approximately
two hundred pounds short in my entitlement which has left me financially compromised and unable to pay my bills. They have agreed that the calculation was an error but say they are going to repay me in small amounts over the year and there is no appeal process.
This will mean that I will incur bank charges and will be unable to meet my debts through no fault of my own is there any thing that can be done.?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

They're not allowed to do this. If you have been underpaid they have to pay you immediately in the same way you would have to refund them if they had overpaid you.

If they refuse you can take them to an employment tribunal.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.